Here’s a quick recap of a few recent news articles about our local area – If you already live here, pat yourself on the back because you picked a pretty good place to live!
- The Post’s front page today has a story about the Holly Hills neighborhood being ranked top “2019 Best Place to Live in Colorado” by Niche.com. Wellshire ranked #2 in Denver and #4 in the State according to the Article.
- A 2018 article in the Denver Post listed Hampden South/Southmoor Park as one of Denver’s hottest neighborhoods according to the Article
- US News and World Report ranked Denver as the #2 Best Place to Live in the USA according to the Article
- Bloomberg ranked Cherry Hills Village as # 3 in the nation for “2019 Richest Places” according to the Article
- 5280 Magazine Ranked Wellshire as #4, University Park #13 and University Hills #14 in the “Denver’s Most Livable Neighborhoods” Article
Lots of good press for the area! And why not? We have great neighborhoods, tons of great school options – both private and public, easy access to all parts of the city by bike, rail or car, great parks and recreation opportunities and great people! While our local neighborhoods don’ often rank high on the “coolest” neighborhoods – loosing out to the likes of LoHi and RiNo (referred to as “Hipster Disneyland” in a 2018 Westword Article) as the millennials age out of those hot spots and seek to put down roots, our neighborhoods provide some of the best bang for the buck in the country!
I think the bottom line of all of this is that by buying a home in this area, you have likely made a safe an secure investment, with strong likelihood of continued appreciation and good downside protection. Plus you get to live here too!